Benefits of A Custom-Made Mouthguard
A custom-made mouthguard from Slam offers the best option, both in terms of comfort and fit and protection against dental injury. We do not recommend the use of ‘stock’ or ‘boil and bite’ mouth guards. Whilst a custom-fitted gum shield is more costly, it is worth bearing in mind that the cost of dental treatment for broken or missing teeth will far out-weigh the initial investment of a custom-made mouthguard.
Benefits of our custom-made mouthguards:
- Offer excellent fit compared to a ‘stock’ or ‘boil and bite’ mouth guard as it contours the shape of your teeth and gums, therefore increasing the likelihood that you will wear it;
- Provide better comfort compared to ‘boil and bite’ mouth guards;
- Incorporate your specific needs based on the type of sport you play;
- Minimise speech impairment, meaning you can still communicate with your team mates;
- Come in a range of colours, patterns and designs- you can even have your own team logo or design incorporated.
In addition, our custom-made mouthguards are:
- Crafted by skilled Dental Technicians;
- Made from high-quality materials;
- Designed with adequate thickness and ensure that all teeth are covered- every millimetre counts.
Our custom-made mouthguards are designed to:
- Fully enclose the teeth on the upper jaw;
- Maximise strength in desired areas;
- Restructure and absorb the shock of a blow to reduce or prevent fractures in teeth and jaws;
- Provide soft tissue protection, i.e. preventing lacerations to gums, tongue and cheeks;
- Reduce the risk of loosing teeth;
- Give additional support by filling in missing teeth spaces.